Golden Domer Daily is always looking to add more talent to their team of creators. If you’re passionate about the University of Notre Dame and want to get involved, we would love to hear from you.
How can I get involved?
There are multiple ways to get involved during both the football and basketball seasons. While these two sports drive our traffic, we are interested in branching out to sports such as women’s basketball, hockey, etc., as well. Here are a few opportunities:
- Social Media Manager: Take charge of the @NDDomerDaily twitter page during football and basketball games by live-tweeting stats, analysis, and potentially short videos or gifs, when appropriate. Multiple positions may be available.
- Writer: Have a knack for the written word? We’d love to have you. If you’re passionate and well-versed in recruiting, analysis, or fact-reporting, get in touch.
- Editor: Not as well-versed in sports but have a strong knack for grammar? Let us know.
- “Other”: Have a talent that isn’t mentioned above? We’d love to hear your ideas.
The bottom line is this: The more, the merrier. If you have a talent and a passion for Notre Dame, we’d love to fit you in. While we focus mainly on football and men’s basketball, we’d also love to add writers for women’s basketball and other sports, as well.
What’s in it for me?
As of now, this is an unpaid opportunity, although we do have some money-making operations in the works for the near future.
If you join Golden Domer Daily, you will have the opportunity to have your work featured on a sleek-looking website and published in a variety of places around the web, thanks to our ever-growing network of publications.
This is the perfect opportunity to create a writing resume. We encourage writers and contributors to use Golden Domer Daily as their first step to a career in journalism or just as a hobby. Either way, you can start your resume with us.
Upon joining, you will be entered into a private chat room with other GDD contributors. This networking could be valuable.
In addition, there are podcasting opportunities, as well. The Under the Dome Podcast is hosted at GDD, and we’d love to feature more perspectives.
Before you are accepted to the website, we would like to see either of these two things from you. Send one of the following to email@example.com:
1. An article or piece of writing submitted for another publication
2. A new writing sample. This would be best if you wrote about a current Notre Dame topic (pretend like you’re already on staff — write an article). Try to keep it in the ballpark of 500 words (this doesn’t have to be exact). If you are selected to join the staff, we’ll use your first sample as your first article for the website.
- Note: If you are applying for a social media position or have an idea about a position that needs created, please send us an email with your ideas and any relevant information as to why this position is beneficial to GDD and why you are the best person to hold this position.
Thanks in advance for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.